Call of Duty: WW2 is getting an open beta on PC via Steam from 29th September through 2nd October. Unlike the console beta that wrapped up earlier this month, it is now available to everyone and not just those who pre-ordered the game.
Developer Sledgehammer Games explained the open beta to all players is to “stress test core gameplay systems and online back-end infrastructure at scale”.
The beta will feature the following:
- Maps: At least three, including Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, Gibraltar and the recently added Aachen
- Modes: New War mode, plus Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint
- Divisions: Infantory, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, Mounted
- Progression: Unlock a limited number of weapons, score streaks, equipment and Basic Training features, up to rank 30
And what is not in the Call of Duty WW2 beta:
- Headquarters social space
- Customisation features Supply Drops and Loot
- eSports features such as Ranked Play and Game Battles
- Progression, unlocks and experience carrying over into the final game
The minimum PC specs for the beta by Activision are as follows:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- HDD: 25GB HDD space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
The recommended PC specs for the game will be revealed at a later date closer to the game’s launch. Stay tuned for more!